Hello Maker! Cardboard is an interesting idea, I think most of the modules would be able to hold their own, but there are indeed some complications such as the springs. Acrylic plastic (Acrylaat, plexiglas) should work fine if 3mm. I'm aware of the FabLab directory, thank you for the tip. Currently the film backs are indeed held close with rubber bands. The rest of the rubber bands you see are for holding things together temporarily. It should be possible to find a better solution for this, but I have not found anything as simple as rubber bands. Regarding scaling: It indeed seems you have had an issue with scaling with inkscape! That must be a letdown, though I must also admit it looks rather adorable at this size (Almost 35mm like). I use SolidWorks to design the module but finish the files in illustrator. Yesterday I installed InkScape to see what happens when opening the files, which led to exactly the same problem: Incorrect scale. I've tried opening the original Illustrator files in InkScape, which does work. However, when exporting them to SVG, then opened in Illustrator is now out of whack... I originally thought SVG would store the units in mm, however I now realize that it actually converts it all to pixels, which can only lead to issues. Since you're not the only one who has had these issues as Franco points out, I think it must be best to change the format of all the files to something else than SVG, yet preferably not proprietary. Most likely it'll be DWG or DXF, but if anyone knows of anything more well suited do let me know. I hope to have replaced all the files by tomorrow. I've also noticed that you've made a similar mistake I've seen before when it comes to assembly, which means it's actually my mistake: There's a fault in the filmback instruction, see attachment for the difference. The new manual will be up tonight. This was the issue people ran into which meant they had to cut off some parts, which shouldn't be neccesary. Now any module should click onto the filmback easily. The part is still the same, but has to be flipped over.
Cheers, Mathijs On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 10:14 PM, Maker <email obscured>> wrote: > Franco: yes, the size seems quite random. I resized the drawing so that > the slots where 3 mm, but something went wrong resizing... Haven't foud out > what yet... > > The build was fine, (except for size issue) everything fits together > really well. > -- > > Read the whole topic here: Focal Camera: > http://lurk.org/r/topic/1HAYgLr1K7PVTDyjtfcpcW > > To leave Focal Camera, email <email obscured> with the > following email subject: unsubscribe >